Friday, May 16, 2014

Letter 10

Dear Sarah,

Hey. Let me catch my breath for a minute...

ok. I am good now.

This month was a HUGE month for you, the biggest development......

YOU STARTED CRAWLING!!!!!
For months you were so frustrated because you so badly wanted to move, be mobile. It was a rough road but you did it. I decided it was time (yeah right it was all you babe but I like to think I had a little to do with it) to just grin and bear your hate for tummy time. Lawd child it was hard, you would scream and cry and wriggle around. I let you lay in misery for about 10-15 min about 3 times a day. It was emotionally and physically exhausting for us both. I felt like the worst mommy ever but noticed that after 2 or 3 days, you were staying longer and longer on your knees, and then it happened. You started to do the pre-crawling sway or rocking motion. You did this for about a day and then one evening after your bath, I laid you down on your bedroom floor, threw a diaper on you and rolled over, got on your knees. Then you slowly put one knee in front of the other and moved, all by yourself. I yelled for your daddy and we sat on either side of you and you just crawled from one to the other. You were so happy! It was amazing, to see you reach this milestone. Your Grandma cried when I brought you downstairs and you just, slowly at first, took off towards your toys. Everyone said that it would happen like that and it did.

In other news, you started furniture surfing and I still think you will be a full fledged walker by 14 months, your daddy and grammy think at a year.

You have a total of 8 teeth, your last two were rough. You got sick and were weepy but you powered through it like a champ! With adding more teeth your food choices are getting more and more of a variety. You are over baby food and love to feed your self, and mommy thinks you are starting to self wean off of a bottle.

Towards the end of the month I noticed that you were rarely finishing a bottle and you have continued this trend. I talked to your doctor and told her that you were more interested in food and juice and that you were only really taking a bottle in the morning, a nap time and at night. She said that was fine as long as you were staying hydrated. Found out that you are weighing in at 17lbs even, my little love.

Your new love food wise.... pancakes. You have them every morning with a side of yogurt or fruit. You are now eating 3 meals a day and couldn't be happier about it.

This weekend your playroom will become a thing of the past, we are moving you in to the living room little one so you can have a lot more space to crawl and play.

Stranger danger is real for you little girl, you like the attention people give you when we are out but if someone talks to you directly for too long, your bottom lip comes out and the tears are big.

The Easter bunny got you a swing and you L.O.V.E it, we are in it pretty much everyday, weather permitting. Speaking of weather, we are waiting on pins and needles for summer to get here, why you ask? We are getting a pool, and I am a little too excited about it but you adore bath time and I just hope it translates. You have learned to splash in the bath and just smile and laugh when you drench mommy. I love bath time because when your hair is wet your curls come out to play. Your hair is getting longer and is getting curly, it is freaking adorable.

There is one thing that isn't so adorable, I loathe diaper change time. Not because you poop more than a doberman, but because it is like wrestling a gator trying to keep you in place long enough to change you. One day I just threw my hands up in surrender and let you go, nekey butt to the world. Then you got a little rash on your butt... I can't win.

We are in the process of planning your first birthday, I can't believe that it is that time already, your daddy and I agree that you are getting too big, too fast... so knock it off.

Well bug, that's about all, actually I could go on and on but this has veered from a letter to a novel.

I love you, so much love muffin.



No comments:

Post a Comment