Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Letter 7

I can't believe that you are 7 months old... and that in 5 months you will be a year old.

Blows my mind.

Anyway month 7, was a pretty great month for you, the major development is that you, my dear can sit up by yourself! Your tumbles are getting few and far between but they scare you, which baffles me considering how much you LOVE to be tossed in the air.

You  are getting more and more in to food, one word for you young lady, PINEAPPLE.

I thought I was going to write about how much you liked pears, which you do, but the look on your face when we fed you pineapple was priceless. You couldn't believe your taste buds it was so good. You actually screamed at your father in protest when he wouldn't feed you fast enough. It made my night.

This was the month that I started my night shift at work, that means more time at home with you, and I have to say that I love being home with you. I was worried because you can be challenging but I think we are figuring each other out just fine.

We have been working on getting on some semblance of a schedule, which is hard. You like to wake up before any human should function (4 am) and take a bottle, then you fall back asleep until 8am. This kind of puts a damper on a morning and afternoon nap. You also like to make nap time in to mommy and Sarah cuddle time which is nice but I am trying to break you of sleeping in our bed with us cuddling you.You don't like this idea, at all.

You still hate tummy time, but very slowly, like no words for it slowly, are developing the muscles you need to be able to hold yourself up better, this is the next step to crawling babe. You want to move SO BADLY but just won't accept that it will have to stem from being on your tummy sometimes.

Remember last month when I said you were finding your voice, well you are actually starting to make mamamamamamama noises and dadadadadadadada noises. You can guess which one I want you to master first.

Your 7th month ended in sickness once again, tis the season I guess. You just woke up in the middle of the night with a fever, covered in snot. It has been a rough last week with the sleepless nights and trying to make you feel better, lots of hugs and kisses all around. We suspect that with the amount of drool you are expelling that your next set of teeth are coming in, but then again we have been saying this for about a month now.

I am absolutely loving this time with you honey bun, my love muffin, and I can't wait to see what all you will have accomplished next month.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment